Welcome to the Beta version of the TagniFi API.
Our API’s sole purpose is to deliver highly-accessible, accurate and timely financial data; enabling you to build the next-generation of financial applications. To achieve this our API adheres to the following set of core tenets:
- Usability – We revere the idea of making our API as accessible and discoverable as possible. We value explicitness over implicitness. We want to provide the best API documentation, tools, and developer experience this side of the Internet.
- Adaptability – The world changes and so will our API. We enable this change by subscribing to the hypermedia camp. It’s our intent to evolve without breaking your application.
- Responsiveness – Our API should respect the temporal sensitivity of financial data. This means a couple of things, we will enable your application to have access to the latest financial data as it becomes available and we treat our performance as a critical success factor.
We take these tenets seriously. With that said, if you think we are missing the mark on any of these, please let us know.
A couple of other quick technical bullet points about our API, we do the following:
- We currently only support JSON and follow the JSON API hypermedia standard.
- Authenticate via Basic Auth over SSL.
- Heavily leverage HTTP status codes for all responses.
- Versioning is handled via link relations and link deprecation policies.